Thursday, July 23, 2009

Legal Gourmet -- Zampogna, PC.

As a new member/director of the Bar Association of the District of Columbia (www.badc.org), one continuing problem that I want to fix is the legal professions negative perception by the public. Lawyers should be more understandable and dare I say "human".

Too often, the legal profession gets caught in "legalese" terms, or loses the non-practitioner in a web of complex and archaic terminology. Rather than say, you aren't a lawyer you won't understand. I want this blog to teach you about terms and situations as they compare to ordinary life i.e. eating at a restaurant in order to bring the discussion to a fun level of comparison. It is my hope that by combining my two passions you will become more informed and learn that lawyers are people too and the legal system is makes sense (somewhat).

Using the acronym, LGZ (legal gourmet zampogna firm), this blog launch will combine the teaching of complex legal situations and food reviews.

Watch this site for this new and exciting way to learn the law while being entertained by reviews of food.

As both a lover the law and food, this should combine both my areas of expertise into one interesting and fun way to learn. In addition to practicing law for almost 18 years and having a grandfather who was an attorney, my family has a history of owning restaurants and wineries. In fact, my late godfather, Tony Zampogna, invented frozen pancakes for the US GI's in WWII.

Hope you will enjoy the read and buon appettito.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home